Human.

by - February 24, 2016

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 
اسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Almost with every post these days, I started with apologising for the lack of updates. My posts on Australia and New Zealand trip last September was kept in draft until I could see virtual spider webs around it. So, I apologise, again for the hundredth time. 

New job comes. It is at a high-end mall. Located in the heart of PJ as well. With heavy traffic, I could easily reach there in 10-15minutes. Still a bargain. And the pay is handsome-r compared to my last one. I just have to spend some money on parking. Well here, it is the total opposite. Everyone look down on you. You work in retail, you must have failed in your studies kan? You wear hijabs, you must be not very fluent in English. Oh you know so much about products, your trainer must have taught you well. It hurts that some days I went home and actually have tears rolling down in the shower because of people. 

I thought in 2016, we somewhat have achieved civilised mind better than in the 60s. That's not the case definitely. People are still very demeaning. Rude and assume self-superior than others. I had to constantly clarify I had a master's degree and I speak fluent English. I have no intention to brag, but I do speak better English than my already 7-years Assistant Retail Manager. Some people were impressed and seemed relieved, some were sceptical and others were mainly quiet after I had politely mentioned my qualifications. In fact, for the company to hire anybody, they needed a candidate with AT LEAST a bachelor's degree. 

That is my story.

On the other hand, my husband has been facing a bunchload of insults too. His job as a house officer is not an easy one. Patients keep on complaining about pain yet they managed to raise their voice and yell. Their families keep on pressuring as if their relatives have the worst case above everybody and demanded royalty treatment at a general hospital. Some of them even pressured the doctors to treat their relatives faster because IT'S HARD TO APPLY JOB LEAVES TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR SICK PARENTS/CHILDREN. 

I could go on ranting about people and the way they treat my husband and a few thousands medical personnel here in general hospitals. But it would be a 15,000 words master's degree thesis. Every single day, he has a new story. Encounter new and bizarre situations. All because on the human diversity.

All are human. I understand. Human make mistakes and human hurts too. I lost count on how many hurts I've received let alone my husband. I think my feelings had been hurt, but him, the feeling might have to multiply by a 1000 times. 

We are human too. We do feel hurt when people disregard us. All I'm trying to say is, whenever possible, let us please be kind to other humans after this. You might not know, with a simple small gesture, how special that day has become for the respective person. 

I lost count too on how many times my husband mentioned polite people made his day better. How they made him believe they are still good amongst the bad. How they made him tear and feeding him strength to continue being a good doctor. It's a real joy to witness how happy he was because of simple small kind gestures. 

So, let us be good to each other now shall we?


You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.