Discover Down Under [ Part 3 : Mount Cook & Lindis Pass ]

by - April 30, 2016

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 
اسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته


'There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before.' - Sherlock Holmes. 

Currently hooked on The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - the written version by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. 

When I first started blogging, it was more geared towards portraying some things I couldn't manage verbally. There was no intention of blogging about my globe-trotting experiences, at all. Travelling has been, and will always be my passion. I am just lucky to have a spouse who is equally passionate about it. I'm happy that I managed to inspire others to write but I couldn't help but feeling uneasy to those who I offended whenever I blogged about my travels. I do sincerely apologise. 


All that being said, here is the third part of my Discover Down Under series. 

Our morning was exceptionally beautiful. Due to our late arrival the night before, we weren't sure what the view was like around our camping site. It was in all actuality, to be the prettiest I have ever seen at that point. The view was serene. 




Right after preparing breakfast and lunch via our camping site's kitchen, we set for Mount Cook. Our campsite to Mount Cook was only a few mere kilometres. That day, it wasn't particularly cloudy, but there were a lot of clouds. Mount Cook was hidden beneath the thick layers. 

There were monuments and more trail for you to explore Mount Cook with. It took a few minutes up to 2 hours for you to complete the trail and it was worth it. If you have time to spare, I urge you to do it. Sadly, we didn't. Despite the fact that we are travelling with elderly & they can be quite cranky in the cold weather, we had itineraries to fulfil. 


Monument to honour those who lost their lives building up the path. Mount Cook was underneath the clouds.


From the monument, you could enjoy a stretch of an amazing landscape. It looked as if it was ripped off from The Lord Of The Rings. Though New Zealand was their primary shooting location, I am not aware either Mount Cook is a part of it or not. 



Upon leaving, our shy Mount Cook finally decided to show itself. Our elderly thought it was another layer of clouds. But with careful observation, they finally saw it. 


Mount Cook was icy. And magnificent. And amazing. I could honestly look at this for hours and hours. We had only a few minutes to spare for this view, before continuing our journey. Our next destination was Queenstown. The journey was scheduled to take about 2 hours and 7 minutes for 185km. It was almost noon, and we had to reach Queenstown before 5pm. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay longer here.

Along the way, we passed by a pass known as the Lindis Pass. Since we were there in Spring, the pass was no longer white in colour. Instead it was yellowy. Nevertheless, it is still pleasing to the eyes.

Note : This wasn't in anyway edited at all. This saturation is true.

And another note, I weren't fat. It was just extremely windy. Hehe
The journey was something I wouldn't forget throughout all my continent-hopping experience. New Zealand is different. Iceland was one thing, but New Zealand is another. It is beautiful in a magical way. Along the way, we had plenty of breaks here and there. It was extremely difficult to resist the urge to not stop and enjoy every bits and pieces of these spectacular views. But we eventually managed to reach Queenstown later in the day. Part 4 will follow. 






Till then, JazakAllahu Khayr. 


You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.