Some Love for Our Skin

by - May 03, 2016




بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 
اسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

See, the thing is, even though we are perfectly created by Him, there is absolutely nothing wrong with us taking care of ourselves. It's natural. Plus point if you're married. You need to look and smell good in front of your spouse. Being married does not mean any sisters should neglect their personal care.

The point is not to show off to all men out there, 'I have the most perfect skin, admire me'. But just to be comfortable with ourselves. In our own home, at our comfort zone. So this post is about a few things necessary for me to maintain my skin health. Also, I would like to share the way of properly taking care of our own skin. I do not in any way think of myself to be a beauty blogger, but I am passionate in looking good for my spouse all the time. ^^

The options for pretty looking skin are ; 


Although I didn't wear makeup - apart from some pressed powders, thin liners, chapstick and occasionally some lip colours, we still need to purify our skin every now and then. Especially if you live in a big city where pollutions could clog your pores within days. Do this for at least 2-3 times a week. 

2. A good moisturiserNivea Men Daily Defense Moisturiser

Need I say more about this ? I used mens' because my skin is stubborn towards retaining moisture. Lady-like moisturiser does not work and thick creams are too expensive for my bank account. I searched the best option out there and stumbled upon this. It worked well with me so far alhamdulillah. 

3. A restoring face maskFRESH Rose Face Mask

A soothing, hydrating mask should follow EVERY session after purifying mask. I use this to restore moisture and skin tone. This is a sample size I bought off online using Carousell app on my phone. Way cheaper than the actual size product. 


This is optional. For myself, I would pretty much look pale without any colour to my face. This adds colour and more hydration which pretty much a package for my thirsty skin.

5. Vitamin C supplementsGNC Live Well Triple C

Yeap. Supplement is needed too. The one I'm currently consuming has a 1000mg dosage of vitamin C with added antioxidants for anti-aging properties. 

6. A multi-purpose serumOrigins Original Skin Renewal Serum

Out of all the things I've mentioned, I would say serum is the most important. It is worth it to indulge a little bit in a good serum too. It has finer blend compared to daily moisturiser hence it absorbs better and penetrates deeper. This one I'm testing since January. Honestly I do not expect one tiny bottle (30ml) lasted me for 4 months.

So, there we go, my skin-loving entry. I do not in all actuality has the most perfect skin. My skin has seen countless bad and good days too. This is just a guide for us sisters to maintain our skin. Happy skin-loving!

JazakAllahu Khayr. 


You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.