Why It Is So Hard to Forgive and Forget?

by - April 12, 2018



This post isn't about me whining why so many people wronged me, because I have wronged people too. And I am still praying every day, for Allah to soften their hearts to forgive me, for whatever thing I had done to hurt them.  

At some point in life, we will stumbled upon people who would occasionally hurt/wronged us. Be it big or small, we do feel offended and hurt for some reason. Whenever we found that it was so hard to forgive, let alone forget, I always recall the story of Imaam Ahmad. Of how he was imprisoned for so long, beaten, left starved and he almost died a prisoner.

However, upon released from prison, he forgave ALL the people that have wronged him. While he was being prisoned, the beatings were so severe that he suffered a permanent injury which disabled him for life. It was told that he was unable to hold longer wudhu' and would suffer pain at any time of the day during lectures that he needed to end the class early. 

If it were you, would you forgive the person that gave you a permanent lifetime disability? And certainly, would you be able to forget about it entirely? Don't worry, I too would have difficulties in forgiving and forgetting all these. 

And Allah too knows, forgiving and forgetting is hard to do. So hard that He promised a special reward from Himself to those who, wholeheartedly forgive and forget whatever that has been wronged. 

You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.