Tongues.

by - June 20, 2016

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 
اسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته


For these past few months of working, I had noticed one thing we humans love to do. 

Talking. 

We love to talk. Regardless of what the issues were, we love to talk. Talk itself is fine. But it's not fine when talk, suddenly turns to gossip. Gossip turns to slander. Slander turns to backbiting and so on. 

It dwells on me. How could oneself go back home, kiss their children, their spouse or mothers with a mouth that has been saying out bad words to others. Do they not feel guilty? Or at least feel uncomfortable. I get uncomfortable whenever people around me talked about others. I did my very best to steer away from those conversation. It wasn't an obvious feeling but my body detests it. 

My face felt iron hot, my ears ring, sometimes I even had headaches. I noticed this a few times now. Whenever a group of people sit down, talk about others, spewing gossips and slander - my body really rejects it. I felt drained out of energy, and exhausted. Even though we just had a meal! It felt so negative. 

I thought, the older we get, the wiser we'll be. We are supposed to think before we talk. We should withhold our tongues from things that weren't true or wasn't worth it to mention. But we didn't. 

In this golden month of Ramadan, fasting does not only applied for food and drinks - it goes for our tongues too. I found a video, worthy of our time to reflect what has our tongues been saying for the past years we have been living. Here's hoping it will be beneficial to all. 






JazakAllahu Khayr.


You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.