Stories of Repentance.

by - January 11, 2015



بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 
اسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته 




Last month, I bought another book from Amazon.co.uk titled Stories of Repentance compiled by Muhammad Abduh Mughawiri. I first saw the book existed from Shea Rasol's Blog. I was captivated instantly. To my initial disappointment, I thought the book is only available in Malaysian market.  It was not until I finally realise the book must be sold on Amazon since the publisher is from overseas. Alas, it arrived days before my final exam last month. 

Reading has been my passion since I was a child. However during the recent years, I have developed new love for reading more sirahs & Islamic motivational books like these. Guilt used to empower me  cause doubtlessly, reading could take up my whole day without doing nothing. Now that I have shifted from fictional/non-education related books to these, guilt has somewhat vanished a little bit. I gain knowledge too. 

Now, I have just only started this book today. Yes, guilty as charged. But I couldn't contain myself from writing about it. The language used is so simple, the typings are neat and the message is clear. 

This book tells us stories about how muslimin & muslimaah of old would have repented so hard & they died while doing so. It gives us hope that even the most despicable sinner in the world has the right to repent and enter paradise, InsyaAllah. 

There is an interesting story from the Children of Israel during the time of Prophet Musa (a.s). They were being tested by massive drought, that crops and livestock couldn't survive. Prophet Musa (a.s) along with other 70 men raised their hands for days with tremendous humility asking Allah to save them for days but to no avail. After three days, Prophet Musa (a.s) finally asked from Allah SWT for his companions' mercy. Allah SWT then inspired Prophet Musa (a.s) that among them, there were people of haraam nourishment and he who constantly slander and backbiting other people. Upon hearing those, Prophet Musa (a.s) then asked who are the people so he could banish them away. 

Allah SWT said, 

"O Musa, I am not One Who exposes (those who sin). Instead, O Musa, let all of you repent with sincere hearts, for perhaps they will repent with you, so that I will then be generous with My Blessings upon you."

Needless to say, Prophet Musa (a.s) announced the words of Allah SWT, everyone repented with their utmost humility and soon after, rain descended from the sky.

Sometimes we do wonder why Allah SWT does not grant our du'as. Now I know, our sins could be the biggest reason why.



You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.