Vast Emptiness.

by - January 02, 2015

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 


Assalamualaikum wbt. 

Vast emptiness. The feeling you have when something feel incredibly wrong somewhere. You just couldn't figure out where. It's maddening. All I could think of, it relates to my relation with Allah SWT. Wasn't thanking Him enough for the past few days. Been busy with irrelevant things. And there you go, feeling empty as ever. 

My blog has turned 1 year old last December. In December 2013, I started blogging (again) with new resolutions, read ; mature. Little did I know, I could keep this blog going for a year with enough maturity, or at least that was what I felt. A lot has happened in a year. I wouldn't say it was a bad 2014, it was good and pleasing. What is life without a little bit test here and there to spice it up? We made it alhamdulillah. So, here we are, 2015! Horray! 

Malaysia, as a nation however has faced so many trials in 2014. MH 370, what it seems like endless drought, MH 17, flood and the latest, Air Asia QZ 8501. Maybe that was my vast emptiness was about. The longing of being useful when our nation was in trials. I did not pray hard enough for those affected, maybe my sympathy wasn't enough, maybe that is why Allah SWT made me feel empty. To feel and pray with those affected as if it is happening to me as well. I pray for Allah swt to ease the burden & shower them and us with calmness with whatever trials we may face in the future, ameen. InsyaAllah. 


Switzerland, taken by my husband during our backpacking trip last week. Subhanallah, ain't it the prettiest?


You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.