Strangers In A Foreign Land.

by - November 08, 2014


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 




Assalamualaikum wbt. 

Sheffield is definitely getting colder by the minute. Today is colder than yesterday. Yesterday was colder colder than the day before. We have not seen any sun for two days now. All the sunny vibe there were last week seem to diminished by the second. Winter is approaching near. Pray to Allah I will get through it.

So many countries had I visited courtesy of Allah. If He did not allow me to, I wouldn't have set foot in all of the countries.  I have met many strangers in the foreign land. Strangers but familiar. By which I mean, they are Malaysians. The rush I feel when ever I see a Malaysian in the foreign land is inexplicable. I am happy, jolted, and consumed. But to my disguise, some Malaysians wish not to be seen. By people. Especially by Malaysians. I had, several times make a fool of myself. Giving salaam but only to receive silent reply. They swift by without turning to smile or even gaze. But I know they saw me from afar. Malaysians, are very distinguishable in the foreign land. With the square hijab, the size, skin colour. We are distinguishable. 

However, I do feel sad & rejected by my own familiar faces in the foreign land. Why do they wish people do not see them ? We are in a foreign land, surrounded by so many familiar faces. But when I do meet them outside, I feel more foreign than ever. I was not greeted by my own people. In fact some of them do tend to escape. Be it physical path or eye contact. I am puzzled. Are we not supposed to talk to each other? We are after all thousands of mile away from home & family. I wish to have a family here too. I wish to be welcomed here too. Nonetheless, not all were like that. 

Some of them are so good, they were the ones giving salaam to me. They were competing for hasanaat. I was jealous that I was not quick enough to be the one initiated salaam.  Reward for them InsyaAllah. 

I found a video for everyone to watch & listen. I hope when you travel or even in our own country, do give salaam. You might unexpectedly be surprised how peace you'll become after. You are doing the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad SAW. How come you are not peace & happy after that? I hope I myself will give salaam for every familiar strange faces I see. After all, we are strangers in a foreign land. Foreign land of dunya. 




You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.