Swimming Attempt.

by - November 23, 2014

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 


Assalamualaikum wbt. 

So I have been on a specific journey for the past 3 weeks. To get fit. Again. It was a success I must say. The scale has been showing a very specific number and it has changed a lot from the past 3 weeks. I am happy. Alhamdulillah. 

Today I went swimming. The Goodwin Sport Centre is kind enough to open the swimming pool only for ladies every Saturday from 4 to 5 pm. The entrance fee is only £3. Good enough for a one hour session. Since everyone are girls, we the shy Malaysians decided to take advantage even though we can't swim. So I had not been swimming since last September. The last time was when I brought my niece, Aisya to Bukit Merah Laketown Water Theme Park in Taiping before I flew to UK. My swimming skill is rusty. Combined with tremendous panic attacks. I know, right ? Why panic ? I am basically in a pool with literally no sharks or sea urchins. The only thing that is dangerous is the water itself. But yeah. I get unnecessary panic attacks now and then. No big deal. :P 

The session went well. I might have get over my phobia of not reaching the bottom when I stand in a pool. I had this thing when I went swimming, I have to reach the bottom at least with my toes. It made me feel safe. But slowly, today I am finally getting over it. The pool was almost 3 metres deep at one end & 1.4 metres at the other. The not-deep end was filled with other Malaysian girls who can't swim. So it was a bit crowded. Having no choice, I stayed in the middle of the pool for one hour. Working out my backflip skill & trying not to sink when I was in the middle of the pool where my toes can't reach the bottom. Well, long story short, I needed more practice with that. But it's okay. I can do this every week. Now I have another activity to add on my list. 

Wish me luck with my swimming skills insyaAllah. 


You May Also Like

0 comments

anisraihana. Powered by Blogger.